Before your appointment
Pre care instructions are designed to limit bleeding and sensitivities during the procedure. Excessive bleeding can result in dilution of pigment or poor retention.
- We strongly advise that you do not make any social plans for the day of your procedure.
- 48 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL or CAFFEINE.
- 72 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT TAKE ADVIL or other blood thinners such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin or Vitamin E unless medically necessary.
- Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
- If you take fish oil, discontinue use 7 days prior to procedure. You can resume after procedure is done.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes (Shakeology, etc), "Hair, Skin, Nail" supplements 48 hours prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A at least 4 weeks prior.
- Avoid Chemical Peels, Microdermabrasion or facials for 4-weeks prior to procedure.
- Botox should be done 6 weeks before or 6 weeks after the procedure.
- No brow waxing, tinting, or threading one week prior. It is not necessary to do your brows prior, the more hair the better.
- Avoid booking during your menstrual cycle as it can increase your sensitivity.
- Wear your normal brow makeup to the procedure. This will help us determine the best shape/shade for you.
- Be prepared for your brows to look a little red and really dark! – don’t worry, they will fade in color 30% +
- YOU MUST NOT BE SUN TANNED OR BURNED. A sun tan/burn is injury to the skin, as the skin is healing itself it will shed all the top layers. This means the pigment will not stay. Retainers are NON-REFUNDABLE, please plan accordingly.
- There is a 10 day healing period where we ask that you not be heavily exposed to sun, exercise, swim, or submerge your brows in water. Please keep this in mind when booking your appointment.
- We offer allergy testing of pigment before the planned procedure. You will be asked to Receive or Waive the allergy test when you submit your forms. You canbook your allergy test online here or call us for an appointment
- All your questions regarding the design of your cosmetic tattoo (color, shape, placement etc.) will be addressed by your technician prior to commencing your procedure. We will not start the service until you have approved the design and are ready to begin.
- We work on a schedule and allow 3.5 hours per appointment. This includes answering questions you may have, mapping brow, numbing and microblading.
Post Care Instructions
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT:
Now that we've done our part, it is up to you to take good care of your brows so that they heal properly and keep their color. Here are some guidelines to protect your investment. Aftercare accounts for 50% or more of your end result!
FINAL RESULTS ARE DIRECTLY AFFECTED BY HOW CLOSELY YOU FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS.
There is no down time for Microblading, however, the area may be red and tender and we recommend that you do not plan any social activities afterwards. This is NOT a quick fix beauty treatment and you have to be prepared to endure all the healing stages of Microblading. Please note that your brows will appear darker and more intense than expected for the first few days (30-40% darker). They may also look thicker in shape. This is completely normal as the excess pigment is sitting on top of your skin. This will gradually fade during the healing process. The final results are NOT meant to stay as dark as your brows appear immediately after procedure is finished.
AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- Day 1 Clean brows with a wipe with gentle, smoothing motions every 30 minutes for the first 2 hours. If the area feels dry, tight, or very itchy, apply a very thin layer of ointment after cleaning the brows. Use a cotton swab to apply the ointment, again very day.
- Day 2-6 clean brows daily and apply ointment every 2-3 times a day.
FOR FIRST 10 DAYS
- DO NOT SATURATE BROWS in any way. Make sure to keep brows as dry as ppssoble while showering (wash hair last, keeping head tilted back so the water doesn’t run towards your brows). Wash your face in the sink, using only a damp cloth to cleanse around the brows. Normal washing routine can be used for the lower half of your face (from the eyes down).
- NO EXCESSIVE SWEATING DURING THE 10 DAYS. This is to avoid an infection in the freshly tattooed area. Remember, sweat and dirt can accumulate round the brow hair, and you will not be able to wash the area properly. An infection can lead to scarring and low color retention.
- NO RUBBING, SCRATCHING, PICKING at the area. Try to sleep on your back as much as possible. Rubbing the brows on the pillow/sheets can lead to premature fallout of the scabs and low retention.
- NO LONG SUN EXPOSURE
- NO OTHER PRODUCTS ON THE BROWS for 10 days. This includes makeup, oils, soaps, or any other products. Remember, you cannot wet the brows to properly clean if any other products are applied, so it is important to keep the area very clean.
AFTER THE 10 DAYS
Congratulations! You have survived!! You are now able to resume your normal cleansing/makeup routine.
On day 11, wash the brows very gently with mild soap. You may continue to use the ointment if the brows feel dry or itchy. You may also apply makeup if needed. Remember, your brows will appear very, very light and patchy immediately after the scabs fall off this begin around day 10. The color will continue to darken over the next few weeks. In the interim you can use our specially formulated brow products during this transitional stage. You can shop online or add them to your checkout at the studio.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS**
Days 1-2 Brows will darken as the scabs form over the newly created strokes. They will appear VERY DARK. Don’t panic!
Days 2-10 The scabs will harden and fall off in tiny chunks. The front and tails of the brows usually fall off first. Let the scabs flake off on their own. Do not pull them off.
Days 7-21 The brow strokes will look very, very light, almost pasty. This is normal! The strokes will darken over time.
Days 21-30 The brows will continue to darken each week, and will appear patchy at times. Again, this is normal. It takes about a month for the brows to fully heal. Any adjustments to the brows will be done at your follow-up, so don’t forget to book! ** This timeline is typical, but not definite. If your brows take a little longer to heal, don’t worry. Every person's skin is different.
After 10 days CLEAN and GENTLY EXFOLIATE the brow area once a week to maintain the brows looking fresh. Remember, the strokes are underneath the skin, and if you let dead skin cells build up over the area, the strokes will appear dull and very light. Keeping the skin in the area moisturized will also help the tattoo appear vibrant and dark!