Do you want youthful, radiant skin? A combination of aging, sun exposure, and acne scars can result in dry, damaged skin making you look older than you are? Do you have acne prone, textures skin or textured skin. ? Luckily, you have options to repair your skin.
Chemical peels and facials can both offer a youthful, restoring and brightening effect when used properly. But, what’s the difference?
Chemical peels and facials can both offer a youthful, restoring effect when used properly. But, what’s the difference?
What is a Facial?
Facials are procedures which can help a person look younger. Your aesthetician will begin by cleansing your face to remove any makeup or dirt.
Using a brightly magnified lamp, your aesthetician evaluates your skin type to determine which products to use.
Many facials include steam to release any blackheads or whiteheads followed by exfoliation to remove dead skin.
Your aesthetician will then massage your face to relax you and stimulate your facial muscles.
This is then followed by a facial mask which is chosen to offer the most aesthetic benefit to your individual needs and followed by a customized enzyme or vitamin c treatment.
A final application of toner, serums, moisturizer and sunscreen are added before you are finished.
Benefits of a Facial
- Reduce the negative effects of environmental factors such as sun exposure or smoking
- Heal or treat skin that has become too lax and irregularities in texture
- Strengthen the natural protective barrier of the skin
- Stimulate cell rejuvenation
- Improve cellular reproduction
- Restore a core resilience to minimize the physical results of aging
What is a chemical peel?
A chemical peel removes the outer layer of skin in the facial area. During the procedure, chemical solutions are applied to the facial skin in order to exfoliate the top layers of skin that may be old and damaged.
Your aesthetician will determine how to formulate these chemicals in order to meet the specific needs and goals of each patient. There are three levels of chemical peels light, medium or deep.
This procedure stimulates new cell growth so that the skin appears brighter, smoother and more youthful.
Benefits of a Chemical Peel
A chemical peel is typically the choice for those who desire a minimally invasive way to improve the appearance of the skin. Results include:
- Reduce fine lines, wrinkles and freckles
- Repair sun damage
- Improve the appearance of acne, acne scars and other mild scarring
- Correct irregular pigmentation of the skin
- Smooth out rough or scaly patches